Have you ever been so angry that you couldn’t think straight? Have you experienced anger to the point of being out of control?
Have you ever expressed your anger so aggressively that you did something you regretted later?
In other words, when you feel angry or enraged do you:
- Slam doors
- Insult or put down people
- Humiliate other people
- Threaten to hurt someone
- Hurt yourself
- Destroy your belongings or the belongings of others
- Push, punch or kick people or animals
- Indulge in reckless behaviour that had negative outcomes?
What was the cost of your behaviour?
- Trouble with the police (causing grievous bodily harm)
- Problems at work (losing your job or the chance of promotion)
- Relationships problems (separating).
You may not consider that you have difficulty managing you anger, but if your behaviour had bad outcomes for yourself and others and it cost you your reputation, health, job or relationship, you should find a way to manage your anger better. We can help.
We have helped many people in similar situations. You can learn how to control your behaviour, identify anger triggers and change how you express your anger. Achieve positive results without ever having to display aggression.
We can help you with:
- Understanding what happens to your body, brain and mind when you get angry
- Monitoring your anger so it never escalates out of control
- Learning quick management techniques
- Learning effective communication styles
- Understanding the impact of triggers – the factors that make your anger worse
- Developing relapse prevention strategies
- Developing a stress management plan that works
- Finding a way to ask for what you want without escalating the situation.
Call us to discover how we can help you.
Speak to a Psychologist of Blue Horizon Counselling in Sydney today!